Stage makeup for children
I am always asked, “What makeup do we use for our 4 year old, 9 year old”. Parents want their children to look their best and to also abide by the director’s (that’s me) wishes.
Our studio makes every effort to present our dancers, from littlest to oldest in the best possible light. We want children to look like children, not mini-models. The bigger the stage, the farther away the audience and the need for a little more makeup.
Here is our recommendation for the bigger stage for all dancers:
1) Foundation in 1 shade darker than skin. Fair skin turns white under bright stage lighting.
2) Eye shadow – Lid: cream or vanilla. Crease: brown tone in a “V” shape
3) Mascara – dark brown
4) Blush, rose tone
5) Lip stick – deep rose or peach (Red in rare instances)
1) Eye liner – dark brown tone
2) False eyelashes in dark brown.