We love to teach! We help our eager dancers learn and grow to become stellar dancers and people.
How do we do that? By being so clear in our lesson plans and breaking down steps into easy to do fundamental movements. Learning becomes easy, fun and before you know it those movements become a complete dance.
For the upwardly moving dancer, the ones looking to sharpen their skills, we offer comprehensive training backed by the Royal Academy of Dance examinations. These assessments bring clarity to how well a student dances as well as identifying areas needing more attention.
We love to perform! Showing off for friends and family is so rewarding. Our dancers perform at several events throughout the year finishing with a big story ballet at the end of the school year. We’ve done Snow White & the 7 Gnomes, Peter Pan, Peter & the Wolf to name a few. Memory of these performances stays in the mind’s eye for a lifetime.
Doing well, enjoying the process and being your own megastar is what it’s all about.
WHY CHOSE US?
- You are unique. At Academie de Ballet Classique, we help you bring out that which is you. We focus on everyone at every lesson to guide each dancers to do their best. And we’re good at what we do.
- Academie de Ballet Classique and its owner/director has been teaching for over 30 years. Her qualifications are many, but is most proud of her Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) certification and Registered Teacher Status with the RAD. She and her teaching staff prove that every year with 100% success in the annual RAD exams.
- We love love to dance! We love to teach! Yes, we are a business and as a are business are committed to our families. Your experience and expectations guide us in bringing you a stellar experience. We want you to love dancing as much as we do.
Acadèmie de Ballet Classique has 2 beautiful air-conditioned studios located at 162 NW Greenwood in Downtown Bend. Our entrance is around the corner on NW Kearney. We strive to provide a warm and welcoming experience for both students and parents. Our students receive individual attention that emphasizes correct technique given with positive inspiration.
Founder and school director, Valerie Holgers RAD RTS, a Royal Academy of Dance (RAD), is a Certified teacher of ballet with Registered Teacher Status with the RAD, spearheading our talented staff of teachers.
We offer classes from beginning to professional levels. Our curriculum covers 5 levels of pre-ballet, 13 levels of ballet, 5 levels of hip hop, jazz and contemporary/lyrical dance.
Our Dance Program includes:
- Ballet training from Pre-Primary in Dance through Grade 8 Award. Graded levels include Character and Free Movement. Vocational Grades encompass technique, repertoire and pointe.
- Classes in Repertoire, Jazz, Classical Ballet, Neo-Classical Ballet, Tap, Hip Hop, Contemporary and Modern Dance.
- Physical education, such as Pilates as well as other fitness training and rehabilitation for all age groups.
Acadèmie de Ballet Classique staff includes qualified professional Ballet and Dance Teachers, Choreographers and Musical Accompanists.
Our principle pianist, Jean Shrader, an accomplished accompanist and piano teacher with her own studio in Redmond, plays for our Vocational Grades ballet classes. Associate pianist, Crystal Cheney plays for our upper grades ballet classes and is the director of piano activities at Cascade School of Music in Bend, Oregon.
As an Approved Examination Venue for the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) Examinations, our students enjoy consistently high marks as well as 100% rate of success. To keep those scores, our teachers attend annual RAD Teacher’s Courses to advance teaching styles, musicality & student on-stage performance.
Additionally, many of the Acadèmie students attend the RAD’s Vocational Summer Intensive Programs at California State University Long Beach, The Goh Academy in Vancouver, BC, June Taylor Summer Intensive and The North Carolina School of the Arts. Other students of Ms Holgers have gone on to dance companies such as Colorado Ballet, Harlem Ballet Theater, and Oregon Ballet Theater, to name a few.
While serious in our endeavors, we are committed to the philosophy that dancing is not only a beautiful art form as well as great athletic training, but, most importantly, we have lots of serious fun!