Parents Information Page
Welcome, Parents and Students to our Dance Program. This Parents Information Page outlines what to expect when bringing your child to ABC’s dance classes. You’ll learn where to park or not park, signing in, drop-off rules, withdrawal and drop policy and our school calendar of events.
We are excited to have you join us! We thank you all for joining our “dance family”, and we hope you’ll find the experience a warm and wonderful one. Should we not meet every expectation, please do let school director, Valerie Holgers, of your concerns immediately.
Upon registration you will receive an email confirming your child’s place in their class(es), a listing our school holiday dates, studio rules, and other important information.
STUDENT DROP OFF & PICK UP
- Please remain with your child until the teacher takes them for class.
- Please, no unaccompanied children in the studio at any time. If your child’s teacher is free, please ask if you may leave him/her
- Please arrive on time for pick up to assure a safe transition from teacher to parent.
CLASS OBSERVATION DAYS
Beginning October 1, parent/family observation days will be the last week of each month. Should your child have separation issues please do speak with your child’s teacher.
Throughout the month we are concentrating on all the things we must learn. Having an audience during that time is distracting and we are sure you want your child to have his/her full attention on their teacher. Thank you for helping us provide the best learning environment for your child.
PARENT PLANNING MEETINGS
You ARE important! Advance planning definitely helps make things run smoothly, and we ask you please attend these when scheduled. We often hold rehearsals during parent meetings. Notifications are sent via email from [email protected] Please do place [email protected] in your email address book.
We have 2 – 3 parent meetings over the 10 month session: Welcome meeting, RAD Exam Q&A meeting, June Recital Meeting.
Parents’ Meeting Schedule is posted on the bulletin board.
Yes, parking is an issue in downtown Bend, as we are no exception. Our lot is reserved parking. NW Kearney has unlimited parking. Greenwood Avenue parking is limited to 2 hours.
Please NEVER park in the lot during business hours, Spaces 1 & 9 are verboten at any time. After 6pm spaces 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8 are open to parking.
Thank you for being a good neighbor.
WITHDRAWAL/DROPPING A CLASS
A thirty day (30) notice is required in writing. Please email your notice to [email protected] The next scheduled charge will be removed from our system.
If withdrawing we would very much like your feed back on:
- Where we attentive to you and your needs?
- Why are you dropping? Is there anything we may improve upon?
- Would you consider returning at a future date?
- Please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram
EVENTS & PERFORMANCES 2016-17
HOLIDAYS AND STUDIO CLOSURES:
Thanksgiving: Thursday 11/24, Friday 11/25 & Saturday 11/26
Christmas/Winter Break: Saturday 12/23 through Monday 1/2/2017
Presidents’ Day: Monday 2/20/2017
Spring Break: Monday 3/27 – Saturday 4/1/2017
Memorial Day: Saturday 5/27 – Monday – 5/29/2017
NUTCRACKER, A CHILD’S TALE – TOWER THEATRE
Casting audition date TBA
Thanksgiving weekend 2017 – November 25 & 26, 2017
Tickets available through www.towertheatre.org or call (541) 317-0700
Royal Academy of Dance Assessment Examinations – Late Spring 2018 TBA Please see bulletin board for your child’s start time. Please arrive 45 – 60 minutes prior to start time. Late arrivals are not allowed into sessions once the examiner’s bell rings.
Costume fee & Recital Parental Agreement deadline – January 15, 2016.
* Winter Recital – Saturday, January 9th – 2:00-4:00 At Cascade Theater Company. Come and watch your child dance all the fun steps that they’ve learned. This casual show is our informal recital of the year and is lots of fun! Detail to come in next issue.
Rehearsal Saturday February 13, at 10am Tower Theatre Performances Saturday February 13, 3PM & 7PM.
* Dance-a-Thon Fundraiser Friday, April 14, 2017 5:30 – 8:30pm
* ABCBend’s Year end Recital –
Mary Poppins – The Ballet – Tower Theatre June 24 & 26, 2017