Mary Poppins 2017 – Parents Notice
Academie de Ballet Classique is excited to announce that our 2017 production will be a balltet adaptation of the Mary Poppins. (June 24 & 25, 2017)
Our staff has been working hard since September to design sets, select the music, set choreography and choose costumes. With a new production comes a lot of time needed to put on a show that your child will be proud to be a part of.
For 2017 we have divided the fees into 2 categories. One for those wishing to rent a costume and the other desiring to purchase the costumes. The (non-refundable)
Costume/recital Fees 2017
- Costume rental – Recital Fee $95.00,
- costume purchase – Recital Fee $115.00
During the production your child will receive:
- The opportunity to participate in a quality theater ballet production.
- Over 150 hours of additional ballet instruction.
- A boost in your child’s muscular strength, flexibility and range of motion with the additional practice.
- Our teachers nurture dancers through the rehearsal process to prepare them for their on-stage moment.
- Your child will bond with their fellow classmates and build bonds that could become lasting friendships.
- Lots of laughter and fun.
For those who have not participated in our shows here’s a quick rundown of what your child needs to commit to in order to be a part of the show:
- Attendance of all Saturday rehearsals as posted on the bulletin board. Absences prearranged with your child’s teacher. We ask all performers to be present for these rehearsals.
- At least one adult volunteer for each group This does not have to be participation in backstage activities, there is plenty to be done in the weeks leading up to the show. Sewing, painting, prop creations, costume steaming, to name a few.
- Parental or guardian attendance is necessary for parents’ meetings as each year we refine our processes.
- Attendance of dress rehearsals, and both Saturday and Sunday performances.
Final casting decisions are still being decided and notice of specific class roles will be posted very soon.
Attached you will find our standard recital agreement. Please complete and return to your child’s teacher by February 10, 2017, with a Yes or No, and we thank you. Recital fee 2017 is $95, and includes costume rental costume for the production, all props necessary for your child’s performance, and set production. If your child participates in multiple classes, please see your teacher for the sets fee. Only purchased costumes go home at the end of the last performance.
We look forward to a great production. Please sign and return Page 2 with your recital/costume fee.