Policies & Procedures
POLICIES & PROCEDURES GENERAL INFORMATION
Our Policies and Procedures for the School Year 2016/17 are as follows:
- Tuition and fee prices
- Non-refundable: Registration and costume fee..
- Refunds – 30 day cancellation notice must be submitted via email ([email protected]) refund less 25% processing fee.
- Tuition is calculated on a 10 month schedule, payable in 10 individual installments or in single payment. Mid-month registrations are prorated for 1st month with next month due at that time. All tuitions are paid on the 1st of each month with recurring debit/credit payment
- Operating dates coincides with the Bend-La Pine School district, with some holiday differences.
- Studio holiday closures, Thanksgiving Weekend, Christmas Holiday (Christmas Eve Day) – through New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Spring Break and Memorial Day
- Costume/Recital – A nominal fee is added to your costume fee to cover extra rehearsal practices, set and props expenses, and is non-refundable.
- Tuition drop-in fees/pricing:
Private & coaching sessions
- 1/2 hour – $35
- 1 hour – $60
- Refunds for tuition and boutique items
- Refunds require a 30 day written notice to [email protected], or by post to ABCBend, 162 NW Greenwood Ave, Bend, OR 97703;
- Registration fee is non-refundable after 30 days;
- Should special consideration be warranted please call Valerie Holgers, Director/Adminstrator at 541-382-4055;
- No refunds on Boutique items worn or tags removed
- No refunds on special order items such as costumes or items made to specifications set by purchaser.
- Tuition and fee dates, late fees, discounts, refunds, credits, payment methods
- Tuition is due on the 1st of each month, payable by automatic debit/credit or in single payment
- No adjustments for missed classes (we encourage makeups)
- Grace period is allowed with approval from principle, Valerie Holgers
- Tuition Late fee: $20 for 30 minute classes, $30 for all other class times.
- Failed credit card fee: $25
- Unpaid balance policy: Class attendance is not permitted with balance owing
- Bonus plans: 10 Months Paid in Full, multiple classes and family bonus discounts, please see individual class for details.
- Payment method: On-line registration only with recurring monthly payment ending with June 2018 performance.
- Recital: Class and rehearsal attendance below 50% or account not current, recital participation in not allowed and recital fee not refundable.
- Releases, consent forms, teacher background checks and privacy policies
- General liability release of claims, your approval occurs with registration and check out.
- Consent for medical treatments of a minor – We do not offer medical treatments without express permission from parent. In case of injury – call emergency contact immediately. In serious matters, call 911 then call parents.
- Photography and video release – enrollment applies as consent
- All ABCBend’s staff must submit to a background check prior to employment or contract.
- Attendance and participation
- Attendance expectations and minimum participation policy: it is expected that students attend a minimum of 50% of scheduled classes.
- Tardiness: Students arriving 15 minutes after start of class, will observe, but not participate for the safety of the student.
- Chronic tardiness warrants discussion with parents and child of importance of entering class on time. Late arrivals disturb and disrupt class flow, as well as promotes potential injury.
- Make-up classes: No tuition adjustment for missed classes. Students may makeup in any class at or below their technical level.
- Inclement weather/snow cancellations: We rarely cancel for snow. Parents are contacted directly via phone/text of class cancellation. Makeup classes are scheduled at earliest date available.
- Sickness: We strongly urge that parents keep ill children home, especially when fever is present.
- Injury: with doctor’s release students may return with doctor’s recommendation for re-entry into activities.
- Not ready to participate/separate: Children emotionally unable to participate are suggested to enroll in our Come Dance with Me (Mommy/Daddy and Me class format); or that they withdraw and wait until child is ready for such activities. Refunds are issued for any unused tuition.
- Drug, Alcohol & Marijuana Policy for Staff, Parents of Academie de Ballet Classique:
- Unlawful exposure to a controlled substance that subjects a child to a substantial risk of harm to the child’s health or safety Citation: Or. Rev. Stat. § 419B.005
If our staff determines that the safety of the child is at risk, we will report this to the appropriate authorities. A refund for any unused tuition will be refunded at that time. Classes attended will be charged at the drop in rate.
All Académie de Ballet Classique must submit to a background check to comply with all standards as required of those with contact with minors.