Policies & Procedures
POLICIES & PROCEDURES GENERAL INFORMATION
Our Policies and Procedures for the School Year 2019/2020 are as follows:
- Non-refundable: Registration and costume fee..
- Refunds – 30 day cancellation notice must be submitted via email (email@example.com) refund less 25% processing fee.
- Tuition is calculated on a 10 month schedule, payable in 10 individual installments or in single payment. Mid-month registrations are prorated for 1st month with next month due at that time. All tuitions are paid on the 1st of each month with recurring debit/credit payment
- Operating dates coincides with the Bend-La Pine School district, with some holiday differences.
- Studio holiday closures, Thanksgiving Weekend, Christmas Holiday (Christmas Eve Day) – through New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Spring Break and Memorial Day
- Costume/Recital – A nominal fee is added to your costume fee to cover extra rehearsal practices, set and props expenses, and is non-refundable.
- Tuition drop-in fees/pricing:
Private & coaching sessions
- 1/2 hour – $35
- 1 hour – $60
Drop in fees
- Drop-in 30 minute class $12/class
- Drop-in 45 – 55 minute class $17/class
- Drop-in 60 – 75 minute class $20/class
- Drop-in 90+ minute class $30/class
Refunds for tuition and boutique items
- Withdrawal/Refunds require a 30 day written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to ABCBend, 162 NW Greenwood Ave, Bend, OR 97703; no refunds for past classes not attended. (makeups are allowed up to withdrawal date)
- Registration fee is non-refundable after 30 days;
- Should special consideration be warranted please call Valerie Holgers, Director/Administrator at 541-382-4055;
- No refunds on Boutique items worn or tags removed
- No refunds on special order items such as costumes or items made to specifications set by purchaser.
- Tuition and fee dates, late fees, discounts, refunds, credits, payment methods
- Tuition is due on the 1st of each month, payable by automatic debit/credit or in single payment
- No adjustments for missed classes (we encourage makeups)
- Grace period is allowed with approval from principle, Valerie Holgers
- Tuition Late fee: $20 for 30 minute classes, $30 for all other class times.
- Failed credit card fee: $25
- Unpaid balance policy: Class attendance is not permitted with balance owing
- Bonus plans: 10 Months Paid in Full, multiple classes and family bonus discounts, please see individual class for details.
- Payment method: On-line registration only with recurring monthly payment ending with June 2018 performance.
- Recital: Class and rehearsal attendance below 50% or account not current, recital participation in not allowed and recital fee not refundable.
- Releases, consent forms, teacher background checks and privacy policies
- General liability release of claims, your approval occurs with registration and check out.
- Consent for medical treatments of a minor – We do not offer medical treatments without express permission from parent. In case of injury – call emergency contact immediately. In serious matters, call 911 then call parents.
- Photography and video release – enrollment applies as consent
- All ABCBend’s staff must submit to a background check prior to employment or contract.
- For the safety of children, we require that all children younger than eighteen years of age have written permission on file to leave the building without adult while they are in our care.
- Attendance and participation
- Attendance expectations and minimum participation policy: it is expected that students attend a minimum of 50% of scheduled classes.
- Tardiness: Students arriving 15 minutes after start of class, will observe, but not participate for the safety of the student.
- Chronic tardiness warrants discussion with parents and child of importance of entering class on time. Late arrivals disturb and disrupt class flow, as well as promotes potential injury.
- Make-up classes: No tuition adjustment for missed classes. Students may makeup in any class at or below their technical level.
- Inclement weather/snow cancellations: We rarely cancel for snow. Parents are contacted directly via phone/text of class cancellation. Makeup classes are scheduled at earliest date available.
- Sickness: We strongly urge that parents keep ill children home, especially when fever is present.
- Injury: with doctor’s release students may return with doctor’s recommendation for re-entry into activities.
- Not ready to participate/separate: Children emotionally unable to participate are suggested to enroll in our Come Dance with Me (Mommy/Daddy and Me class format); or that they withdraw and wait until child is ready for such activities. Refunds are issued for any unused tuition.
- Unaccompanied Child: All children ages 9 and under must be accompanied when not in the classroom. Parents may leave when their instructor takes control of the class. Students must not be allowed into dance studio rooms without a teacher present. Which includes running about, playing with props or free style dancing. They may sit quietly at the door until the teacher calls for class to begin.
- Drug, Alcohol & Marijuana Policy for Staff, Parents of Academie de Ballet Classique:
Acadèmie de Ballet Classique is a drug and alcohol free facility and business, for both patrons and staff.
State Oregon Statute on Parental Drug Use as Child Abuse
We are required by State statute to report any potentially harmful activities, exposures to children 18 and under.
- Unlawful exposure to a controlled substance that subjects a child to a substantial risk of harm to the child’s health or safety Citation: Or. Rev. Stat. § 419B.005
If our staff determines that the safety of the child is at risk, we will report this to the appropriate authorities. A refund for any unused tuition will be refunded at that time. Classes attended will be charged at the drop in rate.
All Académie de Ballet Classique must submit to a background check to comply with all standards as required of those with contact with minors.